My name’s Caroline and I’m currently a sophomore at Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts. I’m studying Political Science and I have no idea what I want to do after I graduate. I was born and raised in Mill Valley, California—a small, outdoorsy town just outside of San Francisco. I started my blog in January 2019, just before starting my freshman year, to record my college life and express my personal style.
Yes, you heard that right, I started college in January, not August. I took a gap semester before starting school to work at an outdoor and experiential education facility in rural Maine. This gave me the amazing opportunity to live on my own and work full time before starting college.
At BU, I am a member of the Eta Chi chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta. I’m also an active volunteer and First-Year Student Outreach Program Staff Leader and an Alternative Service Break Coordinator with BU’s Community Service Center. Over my freshman year spring break, I traveled to Asheville, North Carolina for the first time to volunteer with a local land trust, Conserving Carolina. In the spring of 2020, I will be leading a group of volunteers in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia at the National Historic Park there.
- I went to wilderness tripping camp for six years and even completed a 200 mile backpacking trip on the Appalachian Trail.
- My favorite place to go on a cold day in Boston is the Museum of Fine Arts.
- I love going to concerts—my favorites have been Taylor Swift’s 1989 Tour at Levi’s Stadium in August 2016, Scotty McCreery at House of Blues Boston in January 2019, and Chase Rice at House of Blues Boston in October 2019.
- My favorite genre of music is country but I don’t have a favorite artist at the moment.
- I always prefer lakes to oceans.
- My favorite fast food is Chick-Fil-A and my favorite snack is a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese.
- I’ve watched The Office all the way through at least 11 times, I stopped keeping track after 10.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you stick around a while! If you want to receive regular updates from me, you can sign up for my email list down below. If you’d like to get in contact with me with questions, business inquiries, etc. you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love from Boston,
Subscribe to my email list for weekly updates