Hey y’all, welcome back to Cleverly Caroline. Today I’ll be talking about the New Years Resolutions I set out at the beginning of January. You can read that whole post here. Below are the resolutions I set out to follow:
- Spend less—This one is really hard for me! I have definitely been trying to only buy things that are on clearance or second hand, which is a step in the right direction. Part of why this resolution is hard is that I want to have new clothing items to photograph to share with all of you, and that’s a hard thing to do without spending money.
2. Spend more time outside of my room—This is so easy in college. I spend most of my day out of the room, going to class, hanging out with friends, studying in the student union, taking pictures for Instagram, etc. Generally, I’m only in the room to get ready for the day, study, and relax at the end of the day. I’m so grateful I go to school in a city with so much to do constantly and to have friends that like to adventure around the city with me!
3. Blog once a week (at least)—I am so proud of myself for being to hold this up pretty well. I missed two weeks of blogging, but have posted at least once, usually twice, every other week. I am having such a great time creating content for you all and am so grateful to have people who read and support my blog. Thanks to everyone that likes, comments, and follows my blog. Y’all keep me going and I’m so happy to have you!
4. Work out on occasion—Y’all I am so proud of myself for this one. Since getting to school, I have been working out at least three days a week. I played team sports from elementary through high school, so I have always been in shape. After junior year, however, I quit sports to focus on school and college applications. I hadn’t really worked out since. I feel so proud of myself for going to the gym so often and being much healthier than I have been for the past year or so.
5. Don’t let college stress me out too much—I think I’m going really well with this! The main purpose of this goal was to find a good balance between school and social life. I feel like I’m doing a good job finding that balance in a way that allows me to succeed in classes and also have fun with friends.
Disclaimer: This post was originally published on Cleverly Caroline on March 5, 2019.